Arnold Contract recognizes the responsibility of furniture manufactures to do business in such a way as to minimize negative impacts on the environment. Our strategy in this regard is many-faceted.
• We are committed to producing high quality, durable products that can provide many years of service. When properly maintained, Arnold Contract’s furniture can last for decades.
• In its manufacturing process, great care is taken to reduce material waste, and to dispose of the irreducible waste in an environmentally friendly way.
• Arnold Contract incorporates the goals of sustainability into all its business decisions, by inspiring a respect for the environment in our employees, and reviewing the environmental records of our suppliers.
Sustainability at Arnold Contract
On a more concrete level, we have made a concerted effort to provide our customers with environmentally friendly options.
Arnold Contract can offer several avenues to accumulating LEED points:
Material and Resources
• Credit 4.1 Recycled content 10%
• Credit 4.2 Recycled content 20%
• Credit 5.1 Regional materials, 20% recycled regionally
• Credit 5.2 Regional material, 10% extracted and manufactured regionally
• Credit 6 Rapidly renewable materials
• Credit 7 Certified wood
Indoor Environmental Quality
• Credit 4.1 Low-emitting materials, adhesives, and sealants
• Credit 4.4 Low-emitting materials, composite wood, and laminate adhesives